Tuesday, February 16, 2016

SANCTUARY BLUES (with apologies to Neil Young)

On the way to work the other mornin', and I happened to hear Neil Young's 'Revolution Blues'.  Alway's been a favorite of mine- the music's a little spooky, some dark, ominous lyrics.  My kinda stuff.  It's from his album 'On the Beach', I'm thinkin' 1972, maybe.  It brought back a vague idea that had been bouncin' around inside my head for several months...

So, after a week or so of hackin' around, I wound up with this thing here.  A little bit of a warnin', though:  some folks may find parts of this offensive.  I did...


SANCTUARY BLUES 

(with apologies to Neil Young)


Well, we’re the New Revolutionists, we’re revolutionary fools

We boast of dedication to our Constitution's rules

We're determined to stand our ground, on our Nation's public lands

And refuse to go back home until the Feds meet our demands

It’s so beautiful out here, with all my white like-minded brothers

It all just feels so right, not givin a fuck about the others

 

We tore down a little piece of fence, in a grand symbolic move

And the boss man said that we'd do more, if we had somethin’ else to prove

And with that nigger in the Whitehouse, that’s where we’ll lay all blame

It’s all in the name of God, I’m almost certain that’s his name 

We’re serious contenders, you’d best make no mistake

With Stars and Stripes and Stars and Bars, and that one that has the snake


My boots are caked with mud and dung, it's cold and rainy here

And our reasons and the goal, somehow, don't seem exactly clear

But the boss said we'll be heroes, or famous, at the least

If we only hold the line against the Bloated Government Beast

So I’ll pretend I'm General Washington, drawin' my battle sword

As I pose atop my pickup with a nail pushed through a board


We're Soldiers of Fortune in our Army surplus gear

But we're runnin' outta soda, and we've long been outta beer

The Post Office stopped deliveries, they've shut off water and power

Now I can't charge up my Android, and I'd kill to take a shower

And I ain’t holdin’ many shells, 'cause I never got much cash

And I just didn’t have the heart to raid my Armageddon stash


The boss man got arrested on a mission into town

His unit slipped on outta camp when the Sherriff weren't around

He had a patty melt at Shoney's, and then crashed City Hall

But the reception that he got wasn't what he'd hoped at all

The Board told him to go on home, they didn't want us here

They didn't need the chaos, intimidation, and the fear


Cut up my shirts for toilet paper, need me some jerky and dry shoes

Think my trigger finger's frozen, ain't much'a nothin' but bad news

But we're in it for the long haul, my fellow patriots and me

And we'll make damn sure the outcome is what it's s'posed to be

We'll line the overpasses, and risk our very lives

As we draw a bead on Guardsmen while we hide behind our wives


Sittin' on this powder keg, too Goddamn scared to light the fuse

I got myself some blues

Some disenchanted camper's blues

I got them dirty lowdown Sanctuary Blues

Them Oregon Wildlife Sanctuary Blues

I got them Oregon Wildlife Sanctuary Blues...


Fish~

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome. Criticisms and opposing viewpoints extremely welcome. Fish